We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

Newfaces.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClaireIllig19

Post    Post subject: Am I being scammed? Reply with quote

I need some insight on whether I'm being scammed or not.
I recently received an e-mail on my account from a free lance photographer named Jason Wall. He contacted me to do a shoot for Global Models Magazine.
He seemed very sincere and we've been talking about me working for him. However when I went to check my messages from him on this website I got a message from the New Faces team saying, "This message was deleted
We apologize for the inconvenience but this message was deemed as inappropriate and deleted from our database. We have also taken measures to ensure the sending user will not bother you, or any other member again. You may delete this message." Why would they send a message like that?
NewFacesAgent

Post    Post subject: Apology Message Reply with quote

Hi Claire,

When you receive an apology message like that, it means that the person's message was denied by the admin and can be for several reasons. In your case, Jason Wall's job proposal to you was discovered to be a scam. New Faces takes measures to help protect both the talent and client members. So do not make any further contact with him especially outside the message member system of New faces.

Best,
New faces Team
ClaireIllig19

Post    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Faces,
Thank you for informing me about him. I have personally been scammed twice during my time as a model and it's heartbreaking. I got my hopes up only to find out I was being scammed. I hope models in the future are careful. Thank you for replying to my post and watching out for me. NEW FACES IS GREAT!
-Claire Illig
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: