We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

Newfaces.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahwoodstock

Post    Post subject: "Megan Wants A Millionaire" Cancelled! Reply with quote

VH1's popular show "Megan Wants A Millionaire" has been canceled. The reason: one of its contestant, Ryan Jenkins, is wanted for the death of his wife 28-year-old swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore!

VH1 has this statement regarding the cancellation of the reality show:

"Ryan Jenkins was a contestant on Megan Wants A Millionaire, an outside production, produced and owned by 51 Minds, that is licensed to VH1. The show completed production at the end of March. Given the unfortunate circumstances, VH1 has postponed any future airings. This is a tragic situation and our thoughts go out to the victim’s family."

Ryan Jenkins is just a contestant. Why would an entire show gets canceled just because a suspected killer is on it? Is he that important for the show? Unless he's creating a huge impact for "Megan Wants A Millionaire and VH1... I don't know! What d'ya think?
PhotosbyParker

Post    Post subject: Megan Wants A Millionaire Cancelled Reply with quote

In review and consideration of Ms Sarah Woodstocks post, regarding "Megan Wants A Millionaire." I have written the following response.

Sarah's comment:

"VH1's popular show "Megan Wants A Millionaire" has been canceled. The reason: one of its contestant, Ryan Jenkins, is wanted for the death of his wife 28-year-old swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore!"

"Ryan Jenkins is just a contestant. Why would an entire show gets canceled just because a suspected killer is on it? Is he that important for the show? Unless he's creating a huge impact for "Megan Wants A Millionaire and VH1... I don't know! What d'ya think?"

Gene's comment response:

Sarah, in responding to your "Megan Wants A Millionaire" comment I might add:

I am reminded of several quotes I once read that stated: "Don't throw the baby out with the dirty bathwater" and "One bad apple don't make the whole bunch rotten and bad."

I believe the network directors, producers and advertisers that pay for the commercials, associate the rest of the cast with the alleged bad apple in Mr. Ryan Jenkins. In this matter, Ryan Jenkins has been tossed out with the so-called dirtty bathwater along with all the rest of the show members.

I believe the network directors, producers and advertisers that pay for the commercials are concerned that the fans and viewing public will associate the rest of the cast members and show with the alleged bad apple in Mr. Ryan Jenkins. In this matter, Ryan Jenkins has been tossed out with the so-called dirty bathwater and most likely deservedly so. The one bad apple concept, at least in the advertisers mind, seem to have rotted the entire show. Advertisers never wish to have their products associated with negative publicity and identified with with even "one bad apple." Example: A few years ago, Michael Jackson was arrested for being an alleged Child molester and predator at the Neverland Ranch. If my memory serves correctly, the "Pepsi" advertising was pulled because Michael Jackson was starring in these commercials. Pepsi advertisers did not want even the slightest hint of negativity associated with their national brand product.

Agree or disagree?
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: