We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

Newfaces.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
abigail2013

Post    Post subject: acting? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm 15 and really want to act. I know most people live in New York and California who act. I live in Michigan, do I have a chance?
tammysulit22

Post    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Yes you can still have opportunities even you are in Michigan. =) Acting is not limited i an area. I am from the Philippines and yet I still get opportunities in acting. =)

Why not try to be a bit aggressive by contacting casting agents and directors through New Faces member messaging system. Or directly apply to casting call entries posted in the casting call page: http://www.newfaces.com/castingcalls-auditions.php. Sometimes, it needs a little action for advancements to happen. But before you can do that, I guess you have to upgrade your account.

Try to think about it...;)

God Bless!
viperspeed2009

Post    Post subject: hi there Reply with quote

i live in virginia and im trying to get to LA
NewFacesAgent

Post    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi,

Acting opportunities are not limited to a specific place or city. You can find opportunities everywhere, you just have to be pro-active about your career. Start small - contact agencies in the nearest city. Perhaps join acting groups in your town. These will help you gain experience, and therefore gives you something else to add to your resumes. Remember that people in Hollywood rely so much on someone's acting experience before they take a second look at you.

Good luck!

The New Faces Team
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: