We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

Newfaces.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sarahwoodstock

Post    Post subject: Is "Angels & Demons" Film Harmless? Reply with quote

Vatican was silent about the dogma-questioning adventure of Robert Langdon in "Angels and Demons" - unlike its attack on "The Da Vinci Code."

Some say it was perhaps because its condemnation of "The Da Vinci Code" prompted great publicity that boosted box office sales for the film.

Reviewers of "Angels & Demons" find the religious thriller commercial and inaccurate - a "harmless" entertainment and not a danger to the church.

However, they also suggest that the Vatican should also rethink the way it uses media to present itself. Otherwise, books and films like "The Da Vinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" will forever gain success.

The Catholic church should ask itself, "Why such a "simplistic and partial" vision of the Church as portrayed in Dan Brown's works is so successful, even among Catholics?"
cameronclark

Post    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha!

While out to lunch yesterday my grandmother brought up the Da Vinci Code and its pagan beliefs. She went on to cuss the director the film. I find it Ironic because the author of the book is Christian! His logic behind the book was to encourage healthy discussion about the "Jesus having a child" myth which, he thought, would be the best way to affirm the religion. Being Christian, I was compelled to watch the film and compare it to my beliefs. I have to agree with the author: if you can have facts thrown at your face and still believe in something without proof, you must have some darn good faith!
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: