We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Post    Post subject: What to do first? Reply with quote

This is the first child modeling site I have looked at. What does a parent do first? Any resources you can direct me to to get an understanding of the general process would be most helpful.

I have a two-year-old mixed race (I'm white, father hispanic/american indian mix) son. Everybody tells him how cute/beautiful he is everywhere we go. He, somehow, draws attention to himself and is very charismatic. It's gotten to where I expect people to comment and don't find it particularly unusual. I wondered if my son might benefit from this financially (especially since his father doesn't support).

It is, of course, contingent upon my son's acceptance of such a circumstance but, I thought I should give him the chance. What do we do first? Does he need a pro photo portfolio?

Site Admin

Post    Post subject: First Reply with quote

I would suggest that you have a look at the Advice section and also check out the
Parent's Guide to Child Acting and Modeling

It's also a good idea to get pro photos taken, so try searching photographers on newfaces.com then contacting ones in your area.

You should also upgrade your portfolio. The more photos you have the more likely you are to get booked, and the higher you come up in casting searches.

Good luck!

Post    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

Im nearlly 15 and have a real passion for acting, im worried that because i live in england and am so young ,agencies will not want to use me. Im taking gsce drama and have acted in various school productions. Does anyone know any agencies that take teenagers on ????? your help will be much appreciated

thanks vicky xx
Site Admin

Post    Post subject: England Reply with quote

New Faces is the perfect place to get started!

1. You may live in Chicago (for example) and have a unique look or talent that fits the market in Paris and London (but not Chicago), which means that unless you get worldwide casting exposure through New Faces™, you are missing valuable opportunities!

2. An agency in Chicago may send your photo (along with 50 others) to local castings for catalog work but not to castings for editorial or television. On New Faces™, your portfolio will be seen by casting agents from around the world looking for talent & models for editorial, television, film, commercials, runway and more!

3. With New Faces™ you have the opportunity to get modeling contracts not only with local agencies in Chicago but also top agencies in New York, Milan, Paris, Tokyo... anywhere in the world!

Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: