We Invented Online Portfolios for Models and Actors in 1995 - Enough Dreaming. It's Time to Be a Star!

New Faces® Forums

Newfaces.com

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Embee

Post    Post subject: New theatre actor wanting to know where to start Reply with quote

Hi

I've been acting in small school and camp plays since I wa 9, and I am now 13. My parents said that they would take me to an audition for my birthday or christmas, because I can't say that they want me to be an actor. They want me to be a double bassist since I have such great talent in that. They accept the fact that I wish to become an actor, but they don't support it much. My parents allow me to audition for school and camp plays, but they do not want me to go to real auditions. They don't want me to be disappointed if I don't make it, and they don't went me getting messed up over it, but I'm not that kind of person, and they just don't get it.

Do any of you know how I can start off and prove to my parents that I can actually do this? Thanks!

~Emily
newfaces
Site Admin

Post    Post subject: How to start Reply with quote

Well, you can reason that applying to castings online through New Faces won't bring the same sense of rejection if you're not chosen then actually going to a casting in person.

Also, when you *are* chosen, it's an amazing feeling and will make up for any rejection in the past.

But most of all, it's important to follow your dreams and live without regrets!

Hope that helps!
JennaRaindrops

Post    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally know the feeling! i will tell you the same thing that your parents are, but i have good reasoning. I think your parents are hesitant because the are worried that you will be crushed if you don't get the part. I have been acting and dancing for almost 10 years. I have never gotten a lead role. people have said that i am a great actor/singer/dancer, but where has that gotten me? i pretty much had my mom laugh at me when tested the waters about wanting to try modeling because i am pretty petite. They are probably trying to protect you from heartache.
Page 1 of 1 All times are GMT
Jump to: