NAME: Cameron Diaz|
AGENCY: Started out with Elite Model Management at age 16.
BORN: August 30, 1972 in San Diego, CA. Attended Long Beach Polytechnic High School in Long Beach, California.
DISCOVERED: By her mid-teens, Cameron began attending Hollywood parties and staying out until the wee hours of the morning. It was during this party phase of her life that Cameron ended up meeting a well connected man who would change her whole life. At the age of 16, Cameron was spotted by photographer Jeff Dunas while she was out partying one night. He told her that he could sign her up with the Elite, and within a week of their meeting she had landed a contract with the prestigious Elite Modeling Agency. Diaz spent the next five years touring the globe doing modeling assignments with Elite modeling agency. In the early '90s she appeared on several magazine covers and in commercials. She eventually settled into a Hollywood apartment with video producer Carlos de La Torre with whom Diaz carried on a five year relationship. Her feature acting debut was in 1994 in The Mask.
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award - 1999 - Favorite Actress - Comedy - "There's Something About Mary"
- Golden Globe - 1999 - Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical - "There's Something About Mary"
- Golden Satellite - 1998 - Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical - "My Best Friend's Wedding"
- American Comedy Award - 1999 - Funniest Actress in a Motion Picture (Leading Role) - "There's Something About Mary"
- MTV Award - 1998 - Best Dance Sequence w/Ewan McGregor - "A Life Less Ordinary"
- Blockbuster Entertainment Award - 1998 - Favorite Supporting Actress - Comedy - "My Best Friend's Wedding"
- NY Film Critics Circle Award - 1998 - Best Actress - "There's Something About Mary"
- ShoWest - 1996 - Female Star of Tomorrow Past Movies
HOME: Los Angeles.
KNOWN FOR: Her blonde bonbshell looks and talented acting ability.
SWEETIE: Carlos de La Torre (video producer) born 1967, together from 1990 to 1995. Fiancé: actor Matt Dillon, together from 1996.
SCANDAL: When she was a teenager she made a bondage sex video which was released on the Internet in 2004 and a highly publicised court case ensued.
QUOTE: "It's cute when you meet young boys and they're bright red and breathing like they've run up the stairs, but they're just sitting outside the door. I've had phone calls in the middle of the night when I stay at hotels." - Cameron Diaz
Images of Cameron Diaz are copyright © left to right: Jan 2000 Cosmopolitan magazine