Lanvin Paris has decided to use real people to model for their upcoming autumn/winter collection. So far, there are only two photos that have been released for their campaign and both were shot by Steven Meisel. These photos shows an 82 year old Jacquie “Tajah” Murdock posing in a lilac dress.
Her name doesn’t ring a bell but with internet and some research, we were able to find out a few things about her. Here are some of them;
- She is a dancer. Her dancer name is Tajah.
- She has collected three degrees from NYU.
- She is stopped on the streets by people who wants to have a photo taken with her.
- She appeared in Ari Choen’s Advanced Style.
- Her participation in a high-fashion campaign is something she has seen coming for her.
The campaign for Lanvin Paris was developed by House + Holme. It’s the creative agency that is headed by Ronnie Newhouse and Stephen Wolstensholme. Other details of the campaign are from the works of legends; Pat McGrath for make-up, Guido Pala is responsible for hair, and Mary Howard for set designs. With their collaboration, there is no doubt that they have come up with stellar results and are eagerly waiting to unveil it to public.
Alber Elbaz, Creative Director for Lanvin Paris is responsible for casting Murdock. He has been completely blown away by the 82 year old woman with her enviable bone structure and unique style. He considers her a perfect fit for the project!