NEW FACES®ACTING ADVICE - CHILD ACTING & MODELING
- Is your child (A) outgoing and animated; or (B) quiet and shy?
- Does he (A) say hello to someone when he's introduced; or (B) become distracted by things in his environment and not realize that someone is speaking to him?
- Does he (A) love to sing and dance for you; or (B) think stuff like singing and dancing is stupid?
- Does he (A) imitate what he sees on TV; or (B)forget what he watching five minutes ago?
- Does he (A) respond when he's asked his name or age by someone he doesn't know; or (B) shrug his shoulders as if he no longer remembers what language he speaks?
We therefore advise you to have continuing discussions with your child in this topic, especially after his career is launched. Make sure he knows the difference between meeting an unfamiliar casting person or working with a cast and crew of strangers, and speaking to strangers outside of these industry-type situations. The rules you teach him about talking to or going with strangers should remain the same as if he were not in the industry. You may even discover he likes the idea.
For more information, read our Parent's Guide to Child Acting and Modeling